You move? Discover how to get a mortgage and other procedures
A move requires proper and organized planning. There are many procedures to perform in a process of housing change. From the granting of a mortgage loan to the discharge management of electricity, water or gas services. Below are the keys to keep in mind for a successful move.
How to apply for a mortgage loan?
When a customer looking to buy a new home asks the bank for a mortgage, they don’t always get the answer they want. The truth is that there are a number of requirements that are necessary for the concession, and in recent years they have tightened due to the economic recession in Spain recently. In any case, the applicant is recommended to follow the following tips when applying for a mortgage loan:
- Keep in mind and make sure you meet the requirements requested by banks . Some of the most important are having enough savings and income, a job with a stable contract, a credit history without incident or family or property that can guarantee you.
- Calculate exactly how much you need to ask the bank . There are usually formulas that are used to request the most appropriate quantity. According to experts , the bank should not be asked for more than 80% of the value of the appraisal of the property .
- Pay special attention to the terms or “small print” : Think that a mortgage will keep you linked to paying a high monthly payment for several years. That is why it is convenient to know well the conditions that have been signed , otherwise there will be no going back.
- Negotiate the amounts with the bank . Do not let the bank establish the conditions of your next financial years. It is necessary to be able to negotiate the conditions, in order to find a mutual and beneficial agreement for both parties . Thanks to market developments, customers have a wide range when applying for a mortgage loan with a bank.
- Compare mortgages : As with other sectors such as energy or telecommunications, there are several offers or rates on the subject of mortgages, so the client must carry out a correct comparative work that allows him to choose the mortgage that is most adjust to your needs and economic situation .
With all this, the requirements that must be met when accessing the mortgage are the following:
- Have savings greater than 30% of the value of the home
- Have an income exceeding 2,000 euros per month
- Have a stable job
- Have a neat credit history, no debts
- Have a relative or land that acts as a guarantee.
What other steps must be done when buying a house?
Banking procedures aside, the buyer of a new house still has a great journey ahead in terms of tasks. A part and make a move and transport those furniture and objects of the previous address , one of the first steps that it has to perform is the contracting of electricity and gas services.
Compare the different offers and discounts
For this, it is recommended that the client compare the different offers and discounts of the main energy traders through platforms such as Good Finance. In this way, the client can acquire the service that best suits their tastes or needs, which will allow them to save money when contracting electricity or gas services , since they will only pay for what really interests them.
For this, the client must contact the main energy companies and present the following documentation:
- Universal Supply Point Code (CUPS)
- Property address
- Desired electrical power, lower than the maximum power authorized by the CIE
- New Certificate of Electrical Installation, if it is expired
- Full name
- Identification document of the holder: DNI, NIF or passport
- IBAN of the account in which the payment is domiciled.